Today’s high tech and computerized vehicles require trained and skilled auto technicians with the auto diagnostics knowledge, equipment and repair expertise to get you back on the road. You can depend on the auto diagnostic services at Harford County Transmissions. We provide honest, reliable service. If all you need is a minor part replaced or an exchange of fluids, we’ll tell you. We won’t try and tell you that you need unnecessary repairs. But you can also trust us to correctly diagnose the big stuff, which can save you money in the long run, if we catch big problems early. We value our customers, and want to be the only auto repair shop you’ll ever trust your vehicle with.
We provide auto diagnostic services, maintenance and repair for all domestic and imported vehicles. Our multi-step external diagnostic service for transmissions is the best in Harford County.
- One of our trained technicians will check the level and condition of your transmission fluid
- A low fluid level can indicate a leak
- Contaminated fluid has water, coolant or metal shavings in it
- Discolored fluid can indicate engine overheating
- If it is time to change the transmission fluid, it may smell burnt
- Normal transmission fluid is oily, and reddish-brown in color
- The technician will also check the level of the transfer case and differential fluid, depending on the vehicle
- The technician will then take your vehicle for a road test, to see first-hand any problems you have reported, and to evaluate the vehicle’s performance
- We’ll place your vehicle on a lift so we can inspect the controls underneath the vehicle for any possible cause of the problem external to the transmission
- Finally, the technician will scan the computer for Check Engine Light trouble codes
Based on these auto diagnostics, our transmission technicians will be able to determine what the problem is, and make a recommendation for whatever services are necessary.
Contact us today to schedule a diagnostic appointment. You can count on our transmission repair shop for an honest and reliable diagnosis of problems and quality repair.